In Taimer, you can create an invoice from scratch using a blank template or directly invoice tracked hours for an existing project.
Learn how to:
- Activate hours invoicing for the project
- Track hours to the project
- Invoice tracked hours to the customer
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Invoicing, Projects, Time Tracker
Activate hours invoicing for the project
- Navigate to the project that needs to be invoiced for tracked hours
- Go to the project card
- Navigate to Invoicing
- Scroll down to Invoicing Details
- Invoicing type should be billable
- Activate hours invoicing by selecting a date range and then click on the toggle button
Track hours to the project
- Navigate to the time tracker
- Click on the calendar view to create a time entry. You can track hours in multiple different ways in Taimer. Click here to learn more
- Select the project, task and job type
- Save the time entry
Generate an invoice for the tracked hours
- Navigate to the Invoicing feature from the sidebar
- Click on the green Add an invoice tab
- Choose Invoice with Project Materials to generate the invoice. You will now see an invoice template with fields to select the account, project and invoicing period.
- Choose the account and the project for which the hours need to be invoiced. Choose the time period for which the hours have to be invoiced
- Taimer automatically enters the invoicing details from the project into the invoice template. As mentioned earlier, the tracked hours will be displayed only if project is marked as billable and has activated the hours invoicing functionality.
- The footer of the invoice will automatically be updated with your company details. Remember to update your bank details by entering the required information in the fields given. Taimer syncs these details to the company settings of your Taimer account.
- If you would like to edit or update the items that need to be invoiced, click on the blue Invoicing Material option. This opens a popup with all the details for the chosen project.
- Save or Save as draft as explained in the next section
How to send the invoice
Now that the invoice is ready, let's see how to send an invoice.
- Navigate to the top of the invoice template. The Save as draft tab allows you to save your invoice as a draft, also known as Pro-forma
- If you would like to send an invoice right away, click on Save. This will move the invoice to the Waiting status
- In both cases, saving as Draft or invoice to Waiting status and generate an invoice number for tracking purposes.
- To update the status of your invoice, navigate back to the invoice list
- To view and edit, print or update your invoice status, click on the more options icon(...) next to an invoice. To learn more about invoicing statuses, visit our article on invoice statuses.