While creating an expense, it is important to define the purpose of the expense as this gives clear insights into how the company is spending their money.
Learn how to:
- Create expense types or categories
- Select the expense type for an expense
- View expenses incurred by the company
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Expenses
How to set up different expense types
You can categorize your expenses into different types such as sales related costs, travel expenses, entertainment expenses, costs incurred for purchasing office supplies, etc.
To create these expense types:
- Navigate to your profile in the top right corner
- Click on Settings
- Navigate to Feature Settings
- Click on Expenses
- Scroll down to Customize Expense Types for Reporting
- Click on Add Row to add a new expense type
You can then choose the relevant expense type when creating an expense. Click here to learn how to create an expense.
Where to view company expenses
You can view your company expenses categorized by their expense types from the:
- Invoicing insights - Scroll down to the Expenses Overview section to find out the total spend by different expense types. Click here to learn more
- Dashboard - Get a quick overview of all your expenses from the Taimer dashboard