Taimer's project management system allows you to create new external and internal projects and manage won deals effortlessly.
Learn how to:
- Access won deals, projects, and internal projects in Taimer
- Add a new external project
- Add a new internal project
- Access a project card
- Add project details to the project card
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Admin / Projects access
Projects- Won deals, new projects and internal projects
You can create new projects and manage won deals in Taimer from the Projects page. Deals closed as won automatically move to the Won Deals (Projects) pipeline in Taimer.
To add internal projects, navigate to Internal Projects from the sidebar.
Visit our Projects and Won Deals page to read more.
Create a new project
You have several options to create a new project in Taimer.
Option 1. From the Projects page
- Navigate to the Projects page from the sidebar
- Navigate to the top right corner above the table to select the List view or the Kanban view
- Click on the green + Add Project tab
- Update the project details in the project card
Option 2. From the List View
- Navigate to the Projects page from the sidebar
- Click the green + icon next to the row in the table below
- Fill in the project details
- Save the project by clicking on the green checkmark next to the row
Option 3. From the Kanban view
- Choose the Kanban view
- Choose the funnel to which a new project needs to be added
- Navigate to the stage to which a new project needs to be added and click on Add Project
- Fill in the Project details
Visit Manage projects and won deals article to learn more about the List view and Kanban view.
Project card overview
When adding a project in Taimer, you are required to update the project details on the Project card. Click on the project name from the list or Kanban view to access the Project card for existing projects.
From the project overview, you get information about the project and finances, add activities, quotes, resources, send emails, upload attachments, collaborate using boards and cards, and update project-related details.
- Navigate to the rightmost column to update the details in the Project card
- The Project card is divided into 3 columns- Details, People and Invoicing.
Details regarding the project such as name, project type, category, time span, allocated hours, budget, etc. need to be updated here.
- Account name: Name of the account/customer. You can select an account from the dropdown or create a new account from here
- Project Name: Name of the new Project
- Project type: You can give attributes to your projects to help you manage and report what types of projects you are selling and managing
- Project category: Use project categories for internal reporting and to measure and analyze the products/services sold by your company
- Project duration: Start and end dates
- Project's allocated hours: Estimation of allocated hours for the project
- Allocated hours for project total: Project's resourced hours (activated from settings)
- Stage: At what stage the project is currently. Project stages can be defined from the Kanban view
- Deal value: Total value of the deal (or selling price minus VAT)
- Deal margin: Total profit margin (SP-CP)
- Notes: Internal notes
- Other fields: These can be defined in the Project Settings
Note! Resourcing belongs to versions ERP and PM, otherwise, you can buy it as an Add-on. You can activate the feature from Settings - Feature settings - Resourcing: Use extra project hours
Click here to learn how to configure project types, categories, and other additional project details in the Project Settings.
Add details of your project team, contacts, and partners here.
Team: Users or employees involved in the project
Contacts: Contact details of people involved in the project.
Note! If you'd like the system to automatically assign project teams from the account card to a given project, you can do so from the Project Settings as shown here.
Partners: Add partners and suppliers of the project
Update invoicing details and delivery address here. Remember that Taimer has an option that allows you to invoice a project directly with the details you provide here. Only projects that are billable (invoicing type) and have invoicing methods enabled (Hours, recurring/ scheduled, bills, expenses, or quotes) here can be invoiced using this option.
- Address: Invoicing address and Delivery address
- Invoicing type: Billable, Non-billiable, Leaves/vacation
- Invoice hours from: you can activate working hours invoicing from the set date.
- Scheduled/recurring invoicing: You can set scheduled/recurring invoicing to be useful.
- Invoice bills: You can set that bills are invoiceable.
- Invoice expenses from: you can active expenses invoicing beginning from a set date
- Invoice quote: You can activate Sales quote as invoiceable
- E-invoice Target: If you have electrical invoicing activated, this number has to be on the bills
- Buyer reference to invoice: The reference number that you want on the project's invoices
- Hour balance Multiplier: You can set the Multiplier for working hours. Default multiplier is 1 (i.e. 7,5 h x 1 = 7,5 h) In cases where project hours multiplier is 1,5 (7,5 h x 1.5 = 11,25 h). If you have a project which uses hours from the hourly balance, the Hour balance Multiplier has to be set to 0
- Define project-specific hourly rates: You can set the jobtypes that are available on the project, set costs and prices for users, professional titles, and different jobtypes.
NB! The invoicing methods for projects in the Won Deals pipeline are by default configured based on the invoicing methods enabled in the Project settings.
You can read more about project settings in the article Configure project settings