Taimer's project management system allows you create new external and internal projects and manage won deals effortlessly.
Learn how to:
- Access won deals, projects and internal projects in Taimer
- Add a new external project
- Add a new internal project
- Access a project card
- Add project details to the project card
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Admin / Projects access
Projects- Won deals, new projects and internal projects
You can create new projects and manage won deals in Taimer from the Projects page. Deals closed as won automatically move to the Won Deals (Projects) pipeline in Taimer. Click here to learn more about Projects and Won Deals.
To add internal projects, navigate to Internal Projects from the sidebar.
How to create a new project
To create a new project in Taimer:
- Navigate to the Projects page from the sidebar
- Navigate to Project/Won Deals
- You can add a new project from the List view or the Kanban view
- Click on the green + icon or Add Project tab to add a new project from the List view
- To add a new project from the Kanban view, click on Add project for a given stage
- Click here to learn more about the List view and Kanban view
Project card overview
When adding a project in Taimer, you are required to update the project details on the Project card. Click on the project name from the list view to access the Project card for existing projects.
To update details for a new Project:
- Click on Add project
- You will be directed to the Project overview page
- Here you can get an overview of the project and finances, add activities, quotes, resources, send emails and upload attachments, collaborate using Boards and cards and update project-related details
- Navigate to the rightmost column to update details in the Project card
- The Project card is divided into 3 columns- Details, People and Invoicing
Details regarding the project such as name, project type, category, time span, allocated hours, budget etc. need to be updated here. Click here to learn how to configure project types, category and other additional project details in the Project Settings.
- Account name- Name of the accounts/customer. You can select an account from the dropdown or create a new account from here
- Project name- Name of the new Project
- Project type- You can give attributes to your projects to help you manage and report what types of projects you are selling and managing
- Project category- Use project categories for internal reporting and to measure and analyse the products/services sold by your company
- Duration- Start and end dates
- Hours- Allocated hours for the project
- Stage- At what stage the project is currently. Project stages can be defined from the Kanban view
- Deal value- Total value of the deal (or selling price minus VAT)
- Deal margin- Total profit margin (SP-CP)
- Notes- Internal notes
- Other fields- These can be defined in the Project Settings
Add details of your project team and contacts here.
- Team- Users or employees involved in the project
- Contacts- Contact details of people involved in the project
Update invoicing details and delivery address here. Remember that Taimer has an option that allows you to invoice a project directly with the details you provide here. Only projects that are billable (invoicing type) and have invoicing methods enabled (Hours, recurring/ scheduled, bills, expenses or quotes) here can be invoiced using this option.
- Address- Invoicing address
- Type- Billable, non-billable, leaves/vacation
- Invoicing methods- Enable or disable project specific invoicing from here. You can chose to invoice hours, scheduled/recurring, bills, expenses or quotes. NB! The invoicing methods for projects in the Won Deals pipeline are by default configured based on the invoicing methods enabled in the Project settings.
- e-invoice target- If e-invoicing is activated, when a user orders sub-contracting for a project, they ask the sub-contractor to add this number to the bill. Taimer can use this number to automatically target the bill to the correct project and project manager.
- Buyer reference to invoice- Unique invoice reference number
- Hour balance multiplier- The hour balance multiplier is useful for work hours reports. Taimer's default hour balance multiplier is 1 (7,5hrs x 1 = 7,5hrs). If the multiplier is set to 1,5 then 7,5hrs will become 11,25hrs.
- Project specific hourly rates- Define hourly rates specific to this project from here. You can add the hourly rate for a user or for specific job titles and job types. The default hourly rates are defined in the Project Settings. However, if you define hourly rates from here, these will override the rates specified in the Settings.