In Taimer, you can create an invoice from scratch using a blank template, or send an invoice for existing projects by importing details from the project into the invoice.
Learn how to:
- Generate an invoice using existing project details
- Add hours, bills, expenses and quotes to an invoice
- Add products and pricing from CPQ to an invoice
- Send an invoice
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Invoicing
When to use project invoicing
Taimer offers a seamless invoicing functionality that allows you to directly add all the details from your existing projects to an invoice. This eliminates the possibility of errors and saves time.
NB! Only projects that are marked as billable and have an invoicing method selected, can be invoiced using the Invoice with Project Material option.
To make use of this feature:
- Navigate to the project
- Go to the Project Card
- Click on the Invoicing column in the Project Card
- The invoicing type should be Billable in the Project Card. By default, the invoicing type is always non-billable.
- You also need to define whether you're invoicing hours, expenses, bills, or quotes
- When you start tracking hours, or add expenses, bills, etc. these can be then directly be added to the invoice as explained in the later section of the article.
How to generate an invoice with project materials
- Navigate to the Invoicing module and choose Add an invoice.
- Click on Invoice with Project Materials to create an invoice. You will now see an invoice template with fields to select an account, project and invoicing period.
- When you choose an account and project, Taimer automatically enters the invoicing details from the project into the invoice template. As mentioned earlier, only projects that are marked as billable and that have invoicing methods chosen will be shown here. To view all the accounts and billable projects for a particular period, select the time period from the Invoicing material period option.
- You can upload your company logo by clicking on the logo icon. Now enter your company details and invoicing details such as invoicing date, invoice delivery date, due date and the rest.
- The footer of the invoice will automatically be updated with your company details. Remember to update your bank details by entering the required information in the fields given. Taimer syncs these details to the company settings of your Taimer account.
- All your invoicing items for the chosen project will be displayed in the fields given.
- If you would like to edit or update the items that need to be invoiced, click on the blue Invoicing Material option. This opens a popup with all the details for the chosen project.
- To add a header or topic to your invoice, click on the Header option. Click on the items tab to add a new row. Enter details such as quantity and price in the fields provided. To add a description or to delete a row, click on the more options icon next to the item.
- If you have a product inventory in Taimer and need to send an invoice for the products sold, click on the Product tab. You can update the product details in the fields provided here.
- The CPQ option allows you to add the pricing details from the packages that are created in the CPQ module.
How to send the invoice
Now that the invoice is ready, let's see how to send an invoice.
- Navigate to the top of the invoice template. The Save as pre-invoice tab allows you to save your invoice as a draft, also known as Pro-forma. If you would like to send an invoice right away, click on Save. This will move the invoice to the Waiting status and generate an invoice number for tracking purposes.
- To update the status of your invoice, navigate back to the invoice list. To edit, print or update your invoice status, click on the more options icon. You can even create credit notes, formalize an invoice and add payment reminders. To learn more about invoicing statuses, visit our article on Invoice statuses explained.