Take the guessing out of running your teams resources. Get the big picture at a glance. See the resource situation from the whole company’s perspective, teams and users. Act on conflicts, manage capacity, allocation and time tracking with one unified tool.
Taimer's Tasks and sub-tasks hierarchy and WBS (work breakdown structure) lets you easily manage complex account/project structures.
Table of contents:
- What is a task and sub-task (WBS)?
- Tasks hierarchy in Taimer
- How to filter tasks
- Manage tasks in MyDay Dashboard
- Manage tasks in Grid view
- Manage tasks in Gantt view
- Manage tasks in List view
- Utilisation overview
- How to create tasks in time tracker calendar view
- Create a task in the calendar view
- How to view tasks in calendar view
Plans & Permissions:
Plans: Free CRM, Sales CRM, PM, ERP (also available as a resourcing add-on)
1. What is a task and sub-task (WBS)
In project management, WBS (work breakdown structure) is a method that breaks a project down into a hierarchy of deliverables, tasks, and sub-tasks. It is a tree structure, which shows a sub-division of effort required to achieve an objective.
In a project or contract, the work breakdown structure is developed by starting with the end objective and successively sub-dividing it into manageable components in terms of size, duration, and responsibility (e.g. systems, subsystems, components, tasks, sub-tasks, and work packages) which include all steps necessary to achieve the objective.
2. Tasks hierarchy in Taimer
You can create main tasks and WBS or sub-tasks.
When creating a sub-task, Taimer will automatically group the main task and sub-tasks together and create a group. The grouping is always for the main task and the first tier of sub-tasks. If you create more tiers the same grouping will continue for the later tiers.
3. How to filter tasks
To narrow down the search, you can filter tasks by date range, account, projects, projects with or without tasks, status, funnel, user and team.
View filters explained
You can also view the information filtered by account, user, priority or type.
View button explained
By clicking the view icon, you can select if you'd like to:
- Show total row
- Show ongoing tasks
- Show completed tasks
- Show entire project trees
- Show matches and sub-projects
- Columns (user, project allocated hours, allocated)
You can also filter the view by hours, days, weeks or months.
4. Manage tasks in MyDay Dashboard
You have a variety of different views to manage your tasks.
From their personal MyDay dashboard, each user can get an overview of their own tasks, easily manage them and take action.
5. Manage tasks in Grid view
Resource planning is easy in grid view. Get a helicopter view of all of your business, teams and users. Make quick edits, easily maintain and update tasks.
6. Manage tasks in Gantt view
With Taimer, it’s always clear who’s working on which project. You can do resourcing directly for a user, type, priority and even as unassigned in case you don't know who the resource is going to be yet.
Draw, drag and stretch - easily edit and take action without any hassle! Taimer makes your planning visual.
7. Manage Tasks in List view
The list view works great for individuals and teams who like to visualise their tasks in a methodical manner.
8. Utilisation overview
Under Resourcing > Utilisation, you can see your team members' utilisation rates. In the list, you can see each team member's:
- Last name
- First name
- Resourced leaves/vacation
- Available hours
- Resourced hours
- Hours remaining
- Utilisation rate
9. How to create Tasks in time tracker calendar view
Tasks can also be created from the time tracker view. These tasks are from - to tasks within a 24-hour time span.
Task status can be:
- In progress
10. Create a task in the calendar view
- Activate task creation in the time tracker calendar from the top right corner check box Create entries as tasks.
- Drag and drop tasks, similar to tracking hours. Once check box activated entries will be made as tasks. Deselect check box to again create time entries.
- Create a task to multiple users at one time. Simply select users from list and add the assign tag from the three dots icon.
- By drawing into the calendar, similar like creating a time entry.
11. How to view tasks in the calendar view
You can easily view tasks in the time tracker calendar view by status. Click on Show in calendar from the top right navigation bar.
Define what you wish to view in the time tracker calendar view.
- Hour entries
- All tasks
- Tasks by status