Remember to configure the Project settings before you start creating projects in Taimer.
Learn how to:
- Access the project settings
- Define default invoicing method for won deals
- Add team members straightly from account team
- Create project categories
- Create project types
- Add new fields to the project card
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Admin/Projects access
Before you start adding or creating projects in Taimer, you need to enable the Project Settings. These settings will then be visible in the Project card when you create a new project. To access the Project Settings:
- Navigate to Settings from your profile on the top right corner
- Click on Feature Settings
- Navigate to Projects to define invoicing methods, create project categories and types, and to add additional fields to the project card
Taimer allows you to invoice hours, expenses, bills, quotes, and set up scheduled and recurring invoicing. You can define your default invoicing method from the settings.
Note! New billable projects marked as won & created in Won Deals will automatically use the invoicing methods configured in the Settings and will set the project Invoicing Type to Billable.
The activated invoicing methods will be displayed in the project card when you create a new project.
Invoicing method enabled in settings
Invoicing methods for a new project in the won deals project card
Activating the Project team toggl, you get all account team members to automatically to the new project as a team members.
- You can add Team members to the Team - page on the account card.
- when you create the new project they are automatically as a project members on project card
- Clicking the three dots after member name, you can add title for members or remove them
Use project categories for internal reporting and to measure and analyse the products/services sold by your company. Example of project categories are Sales, Design, Marketing, Purchase, etc. You can only choose one category per project.
- It is mandatory to select a project category for new projects if you have created project categories in the Settings.
- If you don't want to use project categories you must delete all project categories created from the Settings.
- For existing projects that do not have a project category selected, you will receive a notification when you visit the project card or project details section of this project. Remember to choose the right category and update the field.
How to create project categories:
- Navigate to Settings from your profile
- Go to Feature Settings
- Select Projects
- Scroll down to Project Category
- Click on the green Add row tab to add a new category
- You can also create a hierarchy of categories and sub-categories. Sub-categories can be added by clicking on the more options icon (...). You can add multiple sub-categories to a project category.
- The first category will be the default category for all new projects
- Click on the toggle to update a new default category
How to update a project category for a project:
- Navigate to the Project
- Select Details in the project card
- Scroll down to Project category
- The default project category will be chosen for new projects. Select a new project category from the dropdown
You can give attributes to your projects to help you manage and report what types of projects you are selling and managing. Examples of project types are e.g. Free projects, Monthly projects, One-off projects, etc. You can choose multiple project types or enable the toggle to restrict only one project type per project.
Add new fields to the project card
You can add additional fields to your project card. You can define if the field is free text or a dropdown. Enable the toggle button to display the fields in the project card. You can even make the extra field as a mandatory selector.