Remember to configure the Project settings before you start creating projects in Taimer.
Learn how to:
- Access the project settings
- Define default invoicing method for won deals
- Add team members straightly from account team
- Create project categories
- Create project types
- Add new fields to the project card
Plans & Permissions
Plans: Free CRM, Sales CRM, Project Management, ERP
Table of Content
- Invoicing Methods
- Project cost targeting
- Project Team
- Project Categories
- Project Types
- Extra Fields
- HR Projects
You can specify default settings for projects on the Settings. Specify those before you start adding or creating projects in Taimer, you need to enable the Project Settings. These settings will then be visible in the Project card when you create a new project.
To access the Project Settings:
- Navigate to Settings from your profile on the top right corner
- Click Settings - Feature Settings - Projects
Note! You can edit default settings on project level on the project card.
You can read more about create the new project of the article Create a new project in Taimer
Taimer allows you to invoice hours, expenses, bills, quotes, and set up scheduled and recurring invoicing. New billable projects marked as won & created in Won Deals will automatically use the invoicing methods configured in the Settings and will set the project Invoicing Type to Billable. The activated invoicing methods will be displayed in the project card when you create a new project.
- Activate hours invoicing: the hours allocated to the billable project are transferred to the Invoicing material
- Activate expenses invoicing: the expenses allocated to the billable project are transferred to the Invoicing material
- Activate Scheduled & automatic invoicing: Scheduled and automatic invoicing is possible
- Activate sales quote invoicing: Specify is the Sales quote billable or not
- Activate bills invoicing: Allow the customer to be billed for project specific invoices
Navigation: Settings > Feature Settings > Projects - Invoicing Method
- Click toggles to activate/deactive desired invoicing methods.
Invoicing methods for a new project in the won deals project card:
You can define to get all account team members automatically to the new project as a team members. When you create a new project, team members are automatically shown as a project members on project card.
Navigation: Settings > Feature Settings > Projects - Project Team
- Click Always bring account team to new projects toggle.
Use project categories for internal reporting and to measure and analyse the products/services sold by your company. Example of project categories are Sales, Design, Marketing, Purchase, etc. You can only choose one category per project.
- It is mandatory to select a project category for new projects if you have created project categories in the Settings.
- If you don't want to use project categories you must delete all project categories created from the Settings.
- For existing projects that do not have a project category selected, you will receive a notification when you visit the project card or project details section of this project. Remember to choose the right category and update the field.
How to create project categories:
- Navigate to Settings from your profile
- Go to Feature Settings
- Select Projects
- Scroll down to Project Category
- Click on the green Add row tab to add a new category
- You can also create a hierarchy of categories and sub-categories. Sub-categories can be added by clicking on the more options icon (...). You can add multiple sub-categories to a project category.
- The first category will be the default category for all new projects
- Click on the toggle to update a new default category
How to update a project category for a project:
- Navigate to the Project.
- Select Details in the project card.
- Scroll down to Project category.
- The default project category will be chosen for new projects. Select a new project category from the drop-down.
You can give attributes to your projects to help you manage and report what types of projects you are selling and managing. Examples of project types are e.g. Free projects, Monthly projects, One-off projects, etc. You can choose multiple project types or enable the toggle to restrict only one project type per project.
You can add additional fields to your project card. You can define if the field is free text or a dropdown. Enable the toggle button to display the fields in the project card. You can even make the extra field as a mandatory selector.