Work hour balance is the difference between the number of work hours specified for a user and the daily hours entered by the user.
Learn how to:
- Access the hour balance management system in Taimer
- How add hours to hour balance
- How to deduct hours from the hour balance
- Enable notifications
Plans & Permissions:
- Plans: Free CRM, SalesCRM, PM, ERP
- Permissions: Admin / Time Tracker
What is work hour balance?
As an admin, you can specify daily hours for a user. When the user starts tracking their hours, the accrued hours may sometimes be more or less, depending on the hours tracked on a daily basis. In such cases, you can manually increase or reduce the work hour balance for this user.
Note: To view the hour balance, you need to specify the default work day hours for the user and the hour balance start date in the User Management settings.
Where to view work hour balance
You can view the work hour balance on the time tracker page in the header.
In the above image, the user has an hour balance of -10.5h. In the above example, the user has his daily work day specified as 8h in the User management settings. Also, the Time Management settings has Hour Balance view configured for the current month. If the user would have tracked 8h daily until the 13 Friday, the hours tracked for two weeks would be 80 h and the hour balance would have displayed as 0h.
In this case, the user has only tracked 69.5 h. Therefore, the hour balance shows as 10.5 (89-69.5).
How to adjust work hour balance
- Navigate to Settings > Feature settings from your profile
- Select Time Management
- Navigate to Hour Balance Management
- Select the time span
- Click on Add Row
- Choose the user from the dropdown
- Add or deduct hours to adjust the hour balance
To increase work hour balance
To add or increase hours for a user, you need to specify the hours as a negative number. In case of the above example, we need to add 10.5 hours to the users' balance. So we specify -10.5 in the hour balance.
This adds additional 10.5 hours to the user's balance and brings the hours balance total to 0h.
To deduct work hour balance
In the image below, the user has tracked an 3 hours more than his usual work day limit.
To deduct extra hours from the user's work hour balance, the hours need to be specified as a positive number (3h) in the hour balance management system.
This will deduct the extra 3 hours from the user's hour balance and brings the hour balance total to 0h.
Enable notifications for tracking hour balance
If you'd like to be notified about exceeding or falling short of the company specified hour balance limit, you can do so from your profile.
- Navigate to your profile in the top right corner
- Select Notifications under My Profile
- Enable the first toggle button if you'd like to be notified for your own hour balance usage
- Enable the second toggle button if you'd like to be notified if your team is exceeding or falling short of the company specified limit
- You can define the hour balance limit from the Time Management settings