This article explains how to activate automatic invoicing feature and how to create an automated invoice.
- Versions: Starter, Team, Business, Enterprise
- Requirements: Admin, contract billing
The automatic invoicing tool creates invoices and moves them automatically to Waiting status. The status means that the invoice is ready to be sent out to the customer. Taimer will automatically create the invoice but will not send it out automatically.
The automatic invoicing feature can be taken advantage of in all recurring invoicing for example in license and rent payments.
Please note, once the invoice is created, so is the invoice number. From an accounting point of view, this complicate things if the invoices aren't meant to be sent.
If you feel insecure, please don't hesitate to contact our support team or alternatively you can book a chargeable training at [email protected]
How to use the Automatic Invoicing feature
There are three steps to follow in order for you to start sending automatic invoices. These are:
- activate automatic billing from the module specific rights in Program Settings
- add user rights to automatic billing feature
- create an automatic invoice
1. In order to activate the automatic invoicing feature you need to go to your
Settings -> Program Settings -> Module specific rights -> Edit and click Activate automatic billing
2. Add user rights to automatic billing feature
Settings -> Users and groups -> User rights -> Edit
and add groups and users to contract billing
Remember to Save!
When this is done, you can proceed to creating an automated invoice.
3. Create an automatic invoice
After you've done the activation you can create an automatic invoice. This is done under the project card.
Projects -> click on the project in question - Edit - Invoicing - Automatic billing
In order to add a new invoice, click Edit and then Create new bill
The automated invoicing is divided into two sections, these are invoiced and billable.
- Aut. : The invoice will get generated automatically
- Description: If there are several invoices, you can add a description for getting a better overview of your invoices. The description is NOT visible on the invoice itself
- Created: This date shows when the invoice is created automatically
- Invoice date: This date defines the date of the invoice
- Recurring start: defines for what period this invoice is for. Is visible on the invoice
- Stop: defines for what period this invoice is for. Is visible on the invoice
- Recurring interval: can be monthly, weekly or daily
- Until: defines when automated invoicing ends. For example 01.01.2018-01.01.2019
- Area: defines invoicing area. "EU, Non-EU etc"
- Cost row: you can add rows to the invoice. If you have the product catalog in use, you will be able to see that button.
- Bill once: If you have automated invoicing in use, you can define invoicing type for a cost row to happen only once. The one-time invoicing for the cost row will not generate to the next invoice.